Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Where to begin with online degrees?

A lot of the larger well known universities are offering distance learning (internet) courses but it really comes down to what you are going for and start from there. I did 90 credits undergrad on campus at a large university and was offered a great job in the middle of North Dakota and wanted to finish my degree in GIS (Geography). At the time there were only a handful of schools available online for this and ended up with my BA from Fort Hays State Unv. in Hays Kanas, and have never been to Kansas as of yet. We did have an awesome cl that me up in Minnesota where we canoed and studied native american culture which was awesome!. As an alumni, I would say check them out to start with and get your general electives out of the way and possibly look into community colleges nearby. While an online degree was the best fit for me, I did miss the personal interaction and guidance that you lack from coming face to face with professors and peers.

No comments:

Post a Comment